Adding-on to Restorations
Directions for Build-up or Adding-on to Restorations: You can make additions and repairs to XircOn Ultra restorations with methacrylate-based light-cured restoratives. Restorations made from XircOn Ultra must not be reworked with tungsten carbide tools as such instruments may damage the material. Use only diamond coated milling tools or special polishing tools desired for hybrid ceramic-resin materials. When reworking, use water and exert only slight pressure. This material should not be fired under any circumstances during processing, finishing or build-up/add-on.
Build-up or Add-on guidelines are as follows:
- Extraorally: Roughen the site to be added to with a coarse diamond, stone, or air abrade (sandblast with 50μm aluminum oxide). Clean the restoration in an ultra-sonic cleaner with normal detergent.
- Intraorally: Roughen site to be added to with a coarse diamond, stone or intraoral air abrasion unit. Rinse and clean the prepped site, then dry.
- Brush on Scotchbond Universal Adhesive to the roughened area for 20 seconds and gently blow dry for 5 seconds.
- Use a Light-cure adhesive for 10 seconds. Apply methacrylate-based light-cured restorative and light-cure according to the instructions for use.
- Shape and smooth the addition using a medium wheel or diamond impregnated rubber wheel such as Dialite™.
- Polish using the appropriate steps in the Restorative Finishing section above.
Important Note: Since dust is formed when grinding dental ceramic products, always wear a face mask or grind when wet. Use an extraction unit in the laboratory.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
XircOn Ultra is a hybrid nanoceramic/resin milling material that is a highly esthetic and easy-to-use alternative to all-ceramic restorations. Ultra is milled into dental restorations using a dental CAD/CAM system and bonded to tooth structure and/or implant abutments with adhesive resin cement.
Bridge connectors should be designed in the CAD system to be at least 16mm2, typically 4mm by 4mm.
Using a #9 Soft Robinson bristle brush. Spin brush in the polishing agent (Diashine Fine Soft Extraoral Polishing Paste, Premier Diamond Twist SCO, Shofu Direct Dia Paste, Renfert Opal Ref 520-0000) to incorporate the paste into the brush. Apply to the surface of restoration using a low speed setting, working the polishing agent slowly into surface
All-on-4 Delivery Instructions
- Implant clearance should be 10-12mm vertical clearance and 10mm on a cantilever.
- At try in, make sure to pay attention to the aesthetic, functionality, and fit of the denture. Bite guidance is essential at this stage to ensure the prosthesis is designed with the strongest position for strength.
- When installing the prosthesis, engage the screw by hand alternating from one side to the other until all screws are in place, then tighten the screw to the appropriate torque recommendation.
- Carefully check bite for even passive distribution of bite force.
- Check intaglio surface for a tight seal but not too much where the patient cannot irrigate with WaterPik.
- Temporary seal the prosthesis and let the patient have a trial period to identify any type of adjustment need before the final seal.
Patient care instruction
- Always clean after every meal with WaterPik or Dental Flosser thoroughly.
- Use EXTRA-SOFT toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to clean the prosthesis.
- Schedule Dentist visit every six months for cleaning and maintenance.
- Wear Night Guard at night when asleep.
- Do not chew on a hard object (i.e. Ice, hard candy, Crab shell).
- Do not crack seeds (i.e. Pistachio nuts, melon seeds).
- With appropriate care, this will ensure the prosthesis and investment will look new and beautiful.